Monday, October 3, 2016

Root Digger Antique Photo Find, People and Their Modes of Transportation

I visited my ancestral homelands of Havelock-Harlowe-and New Bern, North Carolina in September 2016.  While there, I visited Clark's Antiques located in Havelock, North Carolina. I was hoping I would find photos of African Americans and people of color with the thought that they could possibly be related to me. None of the photos were, however, the historical aspect of finding photos from a different time period is exciting to me.

What I have discovered from my searches, is that a majority of the photos I find are not from the location of where the photos were taken. Many of the ones I found were from PA and not NC, however, it is possible that these families and individuals migrated to NC. With further investigation, the knowledge of these peoples migration, will be known.

Here are two photos that I love. I chose to post these photos because of the modes of transportation the individuals are using. I am unsure of the dates of these photos, and am thinking they are the early part of the 1900's.

Family and their dog posing with horse and Carriage

Young men with their pony and bicycle


1. Photos purchased at Clark's Antiques, 237 W. Main St., Havelock NC 28532

2. No writings on back of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment